Located on the western part of the subcontinent, Mumbai is the financial capital of India and a bustling city. This cosmopolitan city is known for its offices and high towers, people coming here from all walks of life to earn their livelihood and busy people. Another star attraction here is the presence of Bollywood and its celebrities like Amitabh Bacchan, Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar, etc. Many youngsters, both men and women, come here with a dream to make it big in the Bollywood industry. It is also the land of the Vada Pavs, Ganesh festivals, historic buildings and incredible culture. Hence, there is a lot to see as well as experience during the trip to the city. Booking the best villa in mumbai will allow you to visit all the top tourist locations in Mumbai.
Things to do when in Mumbai
- Visit Gateway of India to watch the beautiful sunset: As the sun starts to set on the western horizon, you can find visitors, both local and tourists flocking the Gateway of India to have a glimpse of the sunset at the shorefront. This is indeed a special place as you can get a clear view of the setting sun. If you want to avoid the huge rush of spectators to get a much clear view, then you can hire a small boat at the harbour for a small sum. This can offer you with a mesmerizing experience, something that will be etched in your memory forever.
- Mumbai Taj: Visiting Mumbai and missing out the Taj is a shame. The Taj in Mumbai is considered to be a prestigious building frequented by foreigners and local tourists alike. It is regarded to be the pride of India and where one of the most infamous attacks had took place on 26/11. But Mumbaikars and the Taj employees have overcome this plight and has once again made the city at the top of the must visit cart for all tourists, be it domestic or international. If you want to taste the delicacies here, then do visit the Masala Kraft Restaurant opened inside. This restaurant offers its guests with contemporary Indian culinary delights. Besides this, the entire Taj building in itself is an amazing mixture of arabesque and European influence and a great delight to watch and be inside.
- Rooftop cocktail party: For sundowners, the best place to visit will be the Rooftop Bar at Four Season’s, although you may have booked your villa in mumbai and not at this hotel. This chic establishment offers its guest with pretty views of the city and its landscape. However, you may expect higher dining prices here when compared to local restaurants. However, it is worth the visit to derive that special experience.
- Take a rickshaw to tour the whole city: Since Mumbai city is a crowded place and filled with traffic snarls most of the time, it will be wise to opt for rickshaws. They are easily available for hire and also much affordable than taking a cab. It is also a pretty fun-filled way to enjoy touring the city and its outskirts. It can move through the busy crowds, small and narrow lanes and by-lanes quite easily and effortlessly, thus saving you precious energy and time. This way, you can also get to see maximum tourist spots and indulge in other interesting activities here as you get more time to explore. You are sure to enjoy the ride.
- Visit Peshawri to enjoy clay-oven tandoori: Peshawri is considered to be among the best restaurants of the city, where you can get authentic Indian cuisines at reasonable prices. This restaurant promotes authentic communal eating and quality food and a must-visit place for all foodies. You can sit on a stool or a bench and order your choice of fresh food they prepare and serve. Do try out garlic naan, spicy green beans, clay-oven tandoori and roti.
- Crawford Market: It is one of the busy and popular markets of Mumbai. There are hundreds of shops and road-side stalls in this area where you can get anything and everything. You can grab items like cooked food, vegetables, spices as well as the delicious Pani Puri and Vada Pav that the city is famous for. You can choose to book a villa in mumbai at this place as it allows you to be near the market.
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park: Located on the city outskirts, this jungle paradise is well maintained and protected. There are several species of plants that you can come across along with breathtaking sceneries like Shilonda Waterfall. If lady luck is with you, there are chances of spotting a leopard. Do check out the Kanheri Caves, considered to be part of the monastic buildings of the Buddhists.
- Elephanta Island: This Island is located to the northern part of Gateway of India. It is declared a world heritage site by the UNESCO and an amazing place to be. Here, you can get to see the hand-cut temples which have been carved out of rocks approximately 1,500 years ago. This place is steeped in history and you will enjoy it thoroughly.
- Walk through Marine Drive during evenings: The Marine Drive is undoubtedly one of the most important places for tourists to be. It also boasts of having the most famous roads of the city connecting Nariman Point and Malabar Hill, while overlooking the vast Arabian Sea. It is a great place to stroll around during sunset time. You can spot the locals of all ages enjoying their stroll. If lucky, you may get the glimpse of your favourite Bollywood celebrity strolling here.
- Royal Opera House: It is considered to be the only surviving in the entire country and is a special place. It had opened once again recently after undergoing a major restoration that lasted for over six years and involved a good amount of money. The Opera House holds shows regularly and the perfect place to spend your evening.
Careful planning will allow you to get a villa in Mumbai that is close to all the important landmarks in Mumbai.