Essay writing is an art, which brings out your writing skill. It is an art, through which you pen down your knowledge and perception about the given topic. The Essay Writing Competition shall run throughout the year. There will be the announcement of winners through our website in the first week of every month. Here is the list of winners of the competitions held in previous months
THE ESSAY TOPIC FOR THE MONTH OF December 2020 and January 2021
“ One invention/development that changed———– ”
NOTE : Email address for submission of essay has been changed to email@example.com (Only for Essay Contest)
Details : The essay should describe any one invention. The invention need not be only scientific or recent. Any invention which has affected our social life. The essay should bring out all the details about that particular invention/development, its effect, how did it impact, who invented or what was the driving force, invented by one specific person or invented/developed chronically, what was the post invention scenario, comparison of pre and post scenario, what were the further advancement made etc. the essay will be judged based on the fact and writing style. Participants should do a lot of research before writing the essay. This will definitely enhance the knowledge of the participants about the social scenario and about the invention. Get rid of any negative custom in the society can also be considered as the invention. Participants are free to create their own structure by providing all the information about the topic without copying from internet. DO NOT COPY JUST FROM THE INTERNET. The purpose is to publish your knowledge and research with your name. The essay should be such that the participants feel pride while sharing it to their friends. The essay should be written using the passive voice/avoid using “I”, “My” i.e. do not make the essay personalized, rather make it informative general article, which every one loves to read and useful for others). The essays will be judged primarily with respect to research, structure, sentence framing. The essay should describe any one invention. The invention need not be only scientific or recent. Any invention which has affected our social life. The essay should bring out all the details about that particular invention, its effect, how it impacted, what was the post invention scenario, comparison of pre and post scenario, what were the further advancement made etc. the essay will be judged based on the fact and writing style. Participants should do a lot of research before writing the essay. This will definitely enhance the knowledge of the participants about the social scenario and about the invention. Getting rid of any negative customs in society can also be considered as an invention. Participants are free to create their own structure by providing all the information about the topic without copying from the internet. DO NOT COPY JUST FROM THE INTERNET. The purpose is to publish your knowledge and research with your name. The essay should be such that the participants feel pride while sharing it to their friends. The essay should be written using the passive voice/avoid using “I”, “My” i.e. do not make the essay personalized, rather make it informative general article, which every one loves to read and useful for others). The essays will be judged primarily with respect to research, structure, sentence framing.
**Some of the above guidelines are not meant for the JUNIOR category participants. Junior participants should write as per their capability, understanding and knowledge.
NOTE: We are combining monthly essay contest for December and January primarily for two reasons 1. for assessment of quarterly creative writing contest (deadline is 31st December) and 2. The sponsor, prizes, format etc. will be changed form the month of February 2021. We are going to review and revive the process to make the whole process smoother.
Last date of Submission: 25th January 2021
Acknowledgement of your email/submission of your essay: After 26th January 2021
Result announcement: First week of February 2021
Result announcement: Through email, Facebook, Instagram
Replies of your queries: Only through email after 26th Janaury 2021
Issue of certificates: on or before 25th February 2021
We prefer to clear your doubts through emails. Have patience. You cannot expect quick replies, because of very high volumes of mails, we cannot reply to all the mails. The process is streamlined, all the guidelines are mentioned. You are requested to read the full guidelines before raising any queries. Most of the queries will be answered if you read the full guidelines.
Send your essay through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
* NO PDF / NO GOOGLE DRIVE SHARED DOCUMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED * ONLY MS WORD DOCUMENT IS ELIGIBLE FOR REVIEW *THE FILE NAME OF MS WORD SHOULD BE KEPT AS [NAME_AGE] *PLAGIARISM REPORT SUBMISSION IS ENCOURAGED * THOSE ESSAYS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED WHICH DO NOT FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES AND THERE WILL BE NO PARTICIPATION CERTIFICATES.
All the essays will be judged on the basis of your logic, survey, writing style, innovation, structure, etc. Participants should write point wise with proper logic. Please do not JUST COPY from the internet. We appreciate simple ideas but always discourage copied content even though it looks attractive. We will not judge copied essays and it will be rejected during the screening process only and no certificate will be issued.
- If the participants does not follow the guidelines, there will be NO PARTICIPATION CERTIFICATE issued. However, all the eligible (who follows all the guidelines) participants will receive the certificates.
- Only communication is through email. Considering large numbers of participation, we can not take up calls regarding your queries related to essay submission. Please read the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS by CLICKING HERE
If still any doubt exists, please feel free to contact us only through email at email@example.com
Language : English/Hindi/Bengali Nationality : Any Categories : Two ( Junior & Senior Category) (a) Below 14 years old* (Junior Category) * DOB is must (b) Above 14 years old (Senior Category). There is no upper age limit Registration: No registration required. No fee is required.
- The essay should be MINIMUM 750 WORDS. There is no maximum word count.
- The submitted essay should be plagiarism free/no copy from internet/unique writing. Please check your essay in this link plagiarism checking tool before sending to us and submit the screenshot of the plagiarism report. Plagiarized essay will not be accepted for the contest. This is to encourage participants to write their own essay. We highly discourage copying. SO NO CERTIFICATE FOR COPIED ESSAYS.
- When you send the essay to us, do not forget to send your Essay in MS Word Format only, the plagiarism report, and proof of age (only for junior category).
- You must add the plagiarism report. How to submit essay and how to prepare the plagiarism report will be explain by a video. Please watch the video in youtube, if you are unaware.
- You should write your name, age, city, phone number, email, photo (optional) in your entry in the very beginning before you start writing essay.
- You can participate every month.
- Participants are encouraged to write in passive voice. Avoid writing “I” or personal experiences unless the topic is such that you are compelled to write your experience.
- If any participants wish to send pictures, they should attach the images separately as jpg. Sending pictures is not mandatory.
- The decision of Jury member is the FINAL and no queries related to result will be entertained
- Deadline for submission is 25th of every month
- The essay should be typed in MS word format (No PDF is allowed). The MS WORD file name should be saved as participant’s name, and age. Example: Your name is Sam Yang and you are 12 years old. Then, you should save the MS word file as Sam Yang, 12
- For those participants, who (only those) does not have access of computer/laptop, they can send hand written essays following all the rules mentioned above. Hand written essays will not be published, but will be eligible for contest. They are equally eligible but the essay will not be published. So, if you do not have computer or laptop, you can just type in mobile in part wise. Hand written essay should be considered as the LAST OPTION.
- You have to submit proof of DOB (Date of Birth) only if you belong to the Junior Category (less than 14 years). The participants above 14 years need not attach Birth Certificate.
- Check eligibility of your essay format here
|MS word , Notepad, .txt||Yes allowed|
|Sharing through Drive||Not Allowed|
|Copy and paste in the mail body||Yes Allowed|
|Hand written||Allowed in PDF form|
- Selected essays will be published in the website with the name, photo and bio of the participants without the need of prior permission. Sending your essay to us itself gives us the authority to publish it from our side anywhere, online or in digital magazines. However, participant can tell in the very beginning that they are not interested in publishing the article anywhere.
- You need to send your essay through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and the correct way of naming the file (name and age) and plagiarism report is given below.
There is another contest announced by us, namely Quarterly Creative Writing competition, time to time ,where you need not follow any particular topic. Even you can compete with your pre-written contents. You can choose your own theme, where you are the expert. Here is the opportunity to show your writing skill in any form. For details, visit: https://monomousumi.com/quarterly-creative-writing-competition/
DECLARATION OF RESULT
The result shall be declared through the facebook, other social media, and website (https://monomousumi.com/announcement-of-result-of-essay-competition/) in the first week of every month and the e-certificate will be given on or before 25th of every month. It means if you have participated in the month of January, the result will be declared on the first week of February and the e-certificate will be provided on or before 25th February. To see the previous winners, click here
Below 14 Years Old Category
Trophy, certificate (Print Ready/Printable e-CERTIFICATE) and “Italy Travel Box” as prize, sponsored by www.wanderquest.in. Trophy and Italy Travel Box will be sent to the winner’s address through India Post.
Above 14 Years Old Category: There will be prizes in four groups.
First: Trophy, certificate (Print Ready/Printable e-CERTIFICATE) and password of ebook. Trophy will be sent to the winners address through India Post.
Second: Medal, certificate (Print Ready/Printable e-CERTIFICATE) and password of ebook. Medal will be sent to the winners address through India Post.
Third: Medal, certificate (Print Ready/Printable e-CERTIFICATE) and password of ebook. Medal will be sent to the winners address through India Post.
Sponsored Prizes –(Category-I): Three winners will get personalized mobile cases worth 450 INR sponsored by www.mobozy.com
Sponsored Prizes -(Category-II): Ten winners will get gift coupons worth 300 INR for purchase of any items in www.mobozy.com
- The essays will be grouped as First, Second, Third, Editor’s Choice essay, Outstanding, Praiseworthy and not worth mentioning according to the marks given by the judges to each of the essays. Only selected essays among these will be published in the website and the respective links will be conveyed to the participants through mail.
- Note: There are only three physical prizes in the form of Trophies, “Italy Travel Box” and Book. Apart, participants will be getting many opportunities to learn many aspects related to writing industry.
- All the eligible participants will get the “Certificate of Participation” as a token of appreciation and gift vouchers offered by various corporate houses. We do not have any control over the gift coupon issues.
- The certificate can be used by the students as an accolade under “Extra Curricular Activity”.
- Also a few selected articles will be included in the Digital Magazine: “Weavers” and Upcoming Books.
- After successful publication of 16 or more essays/poem/stories etc. in www.monomousumi.com, a special dedicated digital book will be published for that participants FREE of cost. This digital book publishing costs is 2500/- , which would be waived for the repeat participants as a token of appreciation.
- Those participant’s whose articles are published in the website will have one more opportunity to win physical prizes (Cash/personalized Pen/medal/book etc.) if there article find popularity among the readers/viewers of the website. Here are the guidelines:
- The participant will have opportunity to win other prizes after three months, if article is published in the website.
- There will not be any result announcement separately.
- The participants can mail us that they have received an excellent reviews from the readers/viewers after three month of publishing the essay. After examining from our side, the eligible participants will be rewarded.
- Only selected essays of the participants among the above mentioned list will be published in the website and the respective links will be conveyed to the participants and the countdown of three months will start from the date when the article is published, irrespective of month of participation.
- Cash Prize: 1000 INR, if the actual unique visits are above 10000 visits
- Cash Prize: 500 INR, if the actual visits are between 5000-10000
- Personalized Pen/Medal/Book/Novel (costing about 300-400 INR): any of these prize as per the winner’s choice whose article has visits between 2000-5000. The representative images of the pen, book/novel are shown in this link.
For Interested Sponsors
Those corporate houses who wish to sponsor this International Essay Contest may contact us. We can accept Physical Prizes, Cash prizes, Gift Coupons, or anything you wish to give away as the prize to the winners. Monomousumi does not seek any benefits. The corporate houses will be suitably acknowledged by advertising their brands.
Essay Writing Help: In case you need fast help with writing your essays for cheap, don’t hesitate to pay essay writers from https://cheapwritinghelp.com service who will write your paper starting at $9/page only.