Join me @
- Flavours And Spices
My recipe page…Hope u’ll like it 🙂
After a long wait finally monsoons are officially here in Mumbai and soups are our favourite way to warm up in rainy season.Soups are always healthy and great way to have your daily servings of vegetables.
Sweet corn soup is the most easy home made soup.The soft flavor of corn makes this soup a favorite of many people. With sweet corn , one can also add some pieces of baby corns to make the soup more healthy.
So, are you prepare to re-create restaurant style sweet corn vegetable soup at home?
- 100gm Sweet corn
- 1/2 cup Cabage, shredded
- 1/2 cup Carrot, graded
- 1 tbsp Butter
- one and half tbsp Corn Flour, dissolve in 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tbsp Pepper
- To taste or one and half tbsp Salt
- To taste or one tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 -2 Green Chili
- Fresh Coriander
- 1-2 Baby Corn (optional), cut into small pieces
- Churn corn in mixer with 1/2 cup water for 2 sec.
- Put the crushed corn,two and half cup water,salt,sugar,lemon juice, pepper in a microwave proof dish and mix well.Add butter and mix well.
- Microwave covered for 8 mins and stir once in between.
- Add the dissolved corn flour mixture with the soup and Microwave covered for 4 mins.Stir Once in between.
- Add cabbage, carrot and the soya sause.Mix well.Check salt and microwave for 3-4 mins.
- Garnish with green chili and fresh coriander.
- Serve with Tomato and Green / Red Chili Sauce.
1. One can add beans to add more nutrition to the soup.
2. You can use white pepper instead of black one.
3. One can use vinegar instead of lemon juice. But I personally prefer lemon juice.
4. Baby corn is optional. You have a choice to not use this ingredient for this dish.
One can try cauliflower soup as well for better nutrition.