Raita is healthy side dish with high nutritious value.There are different types of Raita.One can make Raita using vegetable or fruits.For Raita, the main ingredient is yogurt.Raita is a South Indian cuisine usually used as a side dish or salad.
I especially like fruit Raita and Pineapple Raita is my favorite one. Pineapple is one of those fruits that is tasty to eat and has lots of healthy benefits. So if you get a recipe with healthy ingredients, its always a hit recipe …
- 2 cup Pineapple, cut into small pieces/some medium pieces for decoration
- 4 cup Yoghurt
- 3/4 cup or to taste Sugar
- To taste Black salt
- 1 tbsp Roasted cumin powder
- To taste Pepper
- 3/4 cup Pomegranate
- Coriander Leaves
- 1 cup water
Join me @
- Flavours And Spices
My recipe page 🙂
- If using fresh pineapple, heat the pieces of pineapple in a pan till it half boiled Cool it.You can use it immediately or store in a jar in fridge and use it, when required.
- Take the yogurt in large bowl.Add water,sugar,pepper,cumin powder and whisk well till smooth.
- Add pineapple pieces, pomegranate and fresh coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add the black salt at the last ( at serving time) and mix well.Because adding salt before in raita will make yogurt sour.
- For decoration , place the medium size pineapple pieces,coriander leaves and small amount of pomegranate.
- Your pineapple raita is ready to serve.It goes well with spice rice like Biriyani.
Benefits of Pineapple Raita:
Raita itself very healthy dish because of its main ingredient yogurt. Yogurt contains vitamin D and calcium which helps to increase digestive power also.
Pineapple contains vitamin C , vitamin B1 and also helps to combat joint pain.
Besides the roasted cumin powder is good source to increase hemoglobin in our blood and black salt is good to reduce the high blood pressure
So overall, Pineapple Raita has lots of health benefits and it’s ingredients are cheap and easily available.So don’t wait , try it at home :).