I am not very much fond of vegetables but when it comes to Navratan Korma, i change my mind 🙂 I learned this dish from my brother-in-law ,Shuvendu.He is a very good cook.Navratan Korma is delicious combination of several vegetables.
The ‘Navratan’ means , the nine different vegetables.It is Muglai cuisine but popular among all Indians.According to the name, the dish should contains nine different vegetables (like potatoes, french beans, capsicum, carrot,green peas,cabbage, bottle gourd,Cauliflower) but there is no hard and fast rules.You can omit or add any other tasty vegetables (which are suitable for the dish).
Here in my recipe, I also omit cabbage and bottle gourd from the ingredients and add cottage cheese, dry fruits as well.So one can experiments the dish depends on taste.
The dish has a great health value as well as taste because of all green vegetables.The ingredients are also easily available.So don’t wait, try it out at home.Hope you people like the recipe.
- 100 gm Cottage cheese/Paneer, cut into small cubes
- 100 gm Cauliflower, Cut into medium pieces
- 1 Tomato, cut into small pieces
- 2 small Carrot, Cut into long pieces
- 1 Capcicum, cut into small cubes
- 6-7 Green Beans, Cut into long pieces
- 2-3 Green Chilis
- 5 tbsp Sunflower oil
- small amount cumin seeds
- 2 seeds Cardamom pods
- 1 Bay Leaves
- 1 Cinnamon, Break into pieces
- As Required Turmeric Powder
- To taste Cumin Powder
- To taste Salt
- To taste Sugar
- Small amount Garam masala
- Small amount Red Chili Powder
- 1 cup Water/Milk
- 1 tbsp Ginger paste
- 10-12 pieces Dry fruits (cashew nuts, raisins)
- Coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup Green peas
- 1 large Potato, cut into cube pieces
- Heat oil in a pan and fry all the vegetable and paneer/ cottage cheese, dry fruit separately.Keep aside.
- Now put the ginger paste,cumin seed, cinnamon,cardamom pods,bay leaves, tomato pieces, turmeric powder, red chili powder ,green chili,sugar and salt in hot oil and mix well.Place the lid on the pan for 7 mins and cook in low heat.
- After 7 min, color has changed.Stir the mixture well, if needed ad small amount of water.
- Now stir (low heat) continuously until the oil separates.
- Add all vegetable and dry fruits and mix well.Continue the process for 7-10 mins in low heat.
- Add cottage cheese and mix well, add cumin powder and gram masala and stir well for 5 more mins.
- Add some water/milk and place the lid.Wait for 6-8 mins (In between check whether all vegetable are properly boiled or not) till the vegetables are properly boiled.
- Now in high heat flame stir the mixture well ( dry out all liquid).
- For garnish, use some coriander leaves and serve hot
|Serving size: 1/2 cup(125.0 gm)|
|Calories from Fat||99|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 11 g||17%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Sugar 5 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 15 mg||5%|
Join me @
- Flavours And Spices
My recipe page..Hope u’ll like it 🙂