I love the combination of onion and garlic and these always amazes me to the amount I use it in my food. Paneer fusion in Garlic sauce is my husband’s one of the favorite dish. This delicious Indian dish is actually adapted from Chinese recipe.Cottage cheese and garlic both have some well-known medical properties.These helps to enhance your body strength.
You will get best results in microwave cooking for this recipe.
I got this recipe from Nita Mehta’s Microwave Cookbook. As usual I made some changes like subbed things I did not have on hand and severally add some ingredients / steps (for onion ) too ..Feel free to do the same.Hope you will enjoy the dish.
Join me @
- Flavours And Spices
My recipe page.Hope u’ll like it 🙂
- 250gm Paneer
- 1 Capcicum, cut into cubes
- 4 tbsp oil
- 15 flakes Garlic, crushed
- 1 lagrge Onion, cut into cubes
- 2 dry, red chili, broken into pieces
- 4 tbsp Tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp red/ green chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp or to taste Salt
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice/ Vinegar
- Pinch of Sugar
- one and half cup Water
- 2tbsp Cornflour, mixed with 1/2 cup water
- Heat the oil in a deep pan on a medium to high heat. Add the onion and fry till soft and brown.Keep separately. Similarly fry the capsicum slightly and keep separately. For best result you can also fry the paneer slightly .
- Put oil, garlic,red chili,tomato sauce, soya sauce, chili sauce,pepper in a microwave proof dish.Mix well.
- Microwave for 2 mins.
- Add water, lemon juice, salt, sugar.Mix well and microwave for 6 mins.
- Add cornflour mix with it and microwave for 3 mins or more till slightly thick.Stir in between.
- Cut paneer in 1″ cubes.Add paneer, fried onion fried capsicum into the sauce.
- Microwave for 2 -3 mins. Mix well before serving.
Side Dishes go with Paneer in Hot Garlic Sauce:
You can use any Chinese Main course food like Hakka Noodles, Fried rice or Steam rice with this dish. I personally try it with Egg masala rice for lunch and it is really good combination.
To make Egg masala rice, you just add the Chicken masala, fried onion and scrambled egg with the plain steam rice and fry it once more.
1. Most of people do not use onion for this recipe.It is my personal choice and taste.
2. There is no need to fry the onion, capsicum and panner.But for best result you can do this.
3. Vinegar is always good but my personal choice is Lemon juice in place of Vinegar.
4. This recipe is best in Microwave but also can cook in gas.So you can try.