Every year, thousands of candidates appear for banking sector exams to convert the dream of working for prestigious banking institutions, into reality. Exams are conducted to shortlist candidates for various banking positions like Specialist Officer, Probationary Officer and Clerk all over the country. It is a well known fact that the level of these exams is getting tougher every year, and a completely focused preparation strategy is expected from the applicants who are cultivating their minds to crack them. Recruitment authority is changing exam patterns every year thus fabricating new challenges for the candidates preparing for the exams.
The first well known step is the application procedure. Interested candidates can apply at IBPS’s official website after carefully reading the advertisement regarding the process of the exam, number of sections, eligibility criteria, the process of online registration, exam pattern, fee, etc. For instance, if you are willing to apply for ibps PO then you are expected to go through the IBPS PO syllabus, exam pattern, eligibility etc, and then prepare your study module accordingly.
- Basic Study Plan: The battle starts right from the moment you fill the application for a banker’s post and need to start preparing for the banking exam right away. A well-planned strategy helps to easily crack the banking exam. You should start by having a look at the syllabus and previous year question papers to make a time table for important portions as per your convenience.
- Foolproof the Entire Process: Consistent practice of online tests will make you more comfortable and give you a proper feel of the real exam. Rectify your mistakes by trying to solve as many tests as possible. This will improve your precision, speed and decision making ability. Do not bind yourself with just basic preparation, but also try and move on to the advanced level as soon as you are done with the basic concepts.
- Time management: One of the most important factors that determines your score in the final exam is time management. There is an old saying that life is short so eat your dessert first. Similarly, in banking exams, you should start with the section you are best at. After reading the exam pattern, you will come to know that as the time limit ends, the test will auto-submit. You will be needed to qualify each section individually, each of which will have a fixed time slot. You can work on your strengths to save ample time for tougher sections, but make sure to not waste your precious time on the topics you are not confident about.
- Make use of online resources: E-learning portals save our time from attending classroom programs and are available at any time as per our convenience. Clear your basic concepts first before moving on to advance level by practising from quizzes being provided on many banking websites. Incorporation of YouTube channels into preparation plans has also made things way easier, since there are tons of them providing online coaching for free. Moreover, online resources provide easy and quick access to ibps so result, ibps po result and many more, directly from the various official websites.
- Incorporate motivation: When you are preparing for banking exams, motivation is something that should come from within. Keep inspiring yourself with small wins and stay away from distractions. Social media is the biggest obstacle sometimes, so you can either limit your usage or drop it altogether during the preparation period. Stay focussed on your personal goals and avoid thinking of imaginary failure.
Staying consistent with your schedule will reflect in your learning curve. It is only fair that you evaluate yourself at regular intervals to build confidence at each and every step of the way.
Author: Pooja Sharma