A wedding anniversary should definitely be celebrated with utmost joy and to add deliciousness to the special occasion, nothing is better than a delectable cake. We understand that you surely are looking forward to an amazing cake as you have tried the classic chocolate, vanilla, and butterscotch cakes. Well, we have just the perfect wedding anniversary cake for you. A lemon cake that is topped with beautiful edible flowers is guaranteed to take the wedding anniversary celebrations to a whole new level. What’s more interesting is that you can easily bake this yummilicious beauty at home. Below, we have shared the cake recipe with you. Scroll down and get ready with the ingredients to bake a perfect cake.
- Oil, for greasing
- 450 gm self-raising flour
- 6 medium eggs
- 50 ml milk
- 450 gm butter, softened
- 450 gm golden caster sugar
- 100 gm natural yoghurt
- 3 tbsp elderflower cordial
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus juice
For the icing
- 250 gm butter, softened
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 700 gm icing sugar
- 300 gm full fat cream cheese
- Fresh flowers to decorate
Recipe / Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C. Oil and line the base and sides of 3*20cm cake baking containers with baking paper or parchment paper.
- In a container, whisk the eggs, milk, and yogurt. Beat the butter and sugar together in a big bowl, utilizing an electric hand whisk. When you have a light and cushioned blend, include the flour, the fluid in the container and the lemon zest. Blend again until smooth. Equally divide the cake blend between the three containers, level the surfaces and bake for around 40 minutes.
- Blend the lemon juice and elderflower cordial. When the cakes are baked, jab everywhere throughout the surface with a cocktail stick and then pour the lemon and elderflower syrup over the cakes. Leave the cakes to cool in the containers. When cool, you can wrap them and keep for around three days before icing.
- To make the icing, beat the butter until smooth with an electric hand whisk. Include half of the icing sugar, utilize a spatula to squash the blend together and then whisk again. Include the rest of the icing sugar, lemon zest, cream cheese and mix it well. Then whisk again until smooth.
- Keep the cakes on a cake board with proper icing between each cake layer. Use the remaining icing on the top of the cake, utilize a spatula to spread it over the top and down the sides, covering the cake in twirls. Include the final touch of icing to the top and use it to cover any patches where the cake is jabbing through. Now decorate with fresh edible flowers as you like.
So, that was the complete easy anniversary cake recipe. If baking the cake is hard for you, go for online cake delivery in Pune, Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, or in any other city where you want. Happy eating! Happy baking!