Antioxidants are used to protect cells from oxidative stress and free radicals. The free radicals in the body lead to chemical reactions generating oxidative stress. The oxidative stress results in damage to lipids, protein, and DNA.
So, antioxidants neutralize oxygen molecules and prevent oxidative damage. Various factors that result in free radical formation are processed foods, smoking, stress, and exposure to pollution, sun, and desktop screens.
Oxidative stress is stressful
When the free radicals attack the skin cells then they lose luster and firmness. Healthy skin gets oxidized and increases the aging process. So, it results in wrinkles and fine lines. So, if you are feeling the same then you can go to the best dermatologist in bangalore. We are discussing various benefits of antioxidants
- Benefits of antioxidants
1. Antioxidants fight aging- Oxidative stress leads to the breakdown of collagen. The decreased collagen level on the skin results in sagging, wrinkles, and fine lines. However, antioxidants fight aging signs and provide a youthful appearance to the skin.
2. Antioxidants are helpful in acne-prone skin- The oxidative stress leads to skin inflammation and result in breakouts. The antioxidant decreases oxidative stress by reducing acne and inflammation. According to dermatologist antioxidants are anti-inflammatory agents.
3. Prevent sunburn- The skin leads to inflammation on the exposure to harmful UV-B rays. The anti-inflammatory agents prevent sunburn or inflammation.
4. Lighten skin tone- The skin pigment known as melanin leads to exposure to the Sun and leads to free radical damage. The powerful antioxidants fight with the cause and lead to reduced production of melanin. The outcome is bright skin.
5.Skin firming- One of the benefits of antioxidants is the firming of the skin. The antioxidants have the power to reverse the aging signs. It helps to rejuvenate the skin and improve the health of the skin. Generally, coenzyme q-10 is used in eye creams and moisturizers.
- Tops antioxidants for skin recommended by a dermatologist in bangalore
1. Vitamin A- It is one of the powerful antioxidants that fight free radicals. It also helps in the production of collagen. The collagen is a protein that results in the strengthening of the skin. As the skin starts aging then the production of collagen gets reduced. Also, it leads to dark spots, sun spots, fine lines, and scars. Hence, retinol is an ingredient that is quite effective in anti-aging. The doctor can go for an antioxidant booster shot containing encapsulated retinol. Hence, the encapsulation increases the penetration of the product.
2. Vitamin C- Vitamin C is a powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-aging property. There are various forms of Vitamin C such as ascorbic acid, ascorbyl palmitate, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, and sodium ascorbyl phosphate. This vitamin has skin lightening attributes and is used for the treatment of tanning.
3. Vitamin E– It is used for treating photodamage that is induced by UV rays. It helps in the strengthening of skin and is effective in skin cancer. It also acts as a moisturizing agent and helps to heal the skin.
4. Vitamin B3- Vitamin b3 is also known as niacinamide. It helps to fight stress and helps in the improvement of skin texture and tone. It helps in the treatment of acne and rosacea. You will find it in meat. It helps to strengthen skin and prevent water loss.
5.Green tea extract- The green tea extract is the storehouse of polyphenols. It helps to improve immunity. Also, it acts as an anti-inflammatory and fights free radicals. It is used to reduce cancer. You can take at least 2 cups of green tea or buy skincare containing green tea extracts.
6. Resveratrol- It is a powerful antioxidant that helps in treating aging. It is found in food products such as grapes, red wine, and berries. It acts as antibacterial and contains anti-cancer properties.
7. Curcumin- You might be using turmeric if you have got burns and cuts. As turmeric contains curcumin that is a powerful antioxidant. It helps to reduce inflammation and fights free radicals. It also acts as an antimicrobial that speedily heals the wound.
8. Lycopene- It is a powerful antioxidant that gets easily absorbed in the skin. It is generally found in red vegetables. It helps to fight free radicals and encourage collagen production.
So, we have discussed what are the antioxidants and how antioxidants will help to improve the skin. You can use these antioxidants for the maximum benefit. Also, if you are encountering skin-related issues then you can contact the best dermatologist in bangalore.