Travelling has become second nature to people around the world. Besides business purpose, a considerable number of people are moving places to places to see the whole world. And traveling has become easier because of the flights. Booking flights has become very easy these days as the internet and phone apps have brought everything within the fist. Some things require keeping in mind while booking the air tickets. You can be a pro traveler or can be a first-timer. It can be a pre-planned flight or can be compulsive and in a hurry one. Here is a list of things that everyone should keep in mind before clicking on the ‘book ticket’ button.
1) Allowance of baggage- As the proverb says the stick is costlier than the cane itself; the same thing happens with one is traveling in airlines; if the baggage allowance is not properly understood, paying for the baggage at the time of checking is way more than the booking tickets. Baggage allowance is something that different airlines have a different rate and is regularly revised. Some of the airlines charge the baggage within the flight ticket till it is of a certain weight. For every extra unit of weight, different airlines charge different rates. It is always advisable to pack one’s baggage if possible before booking the tickets. Also, every traveler must have the idea of ‘smart packaging’; that can reduce the risk of baggage charges. Once you reach the airport for check-in and your luggage is heavier than the allowance, it becomes quite costly. Also, if many airlines have a similar range of flight tickets, it is best to book the one that is providing the best baggage allowance.
2) Idea about the Touch-Down Airport- Different countries have multiple airports; even though one is traveling in the same city, there are different airports. It is important while traveling by air to book the ticket to the airport that is nearest to the destination/place of visit. Sometimes, what people do is book tickets to airports that are cheaper but are at bay from the place of visit. That is a foolish idea as the cost of reaching the place from the airport costs way more than the costlier flight ticket. Hence, it is very much important to have an idea about the airport, travel ways, and transport costs from the airport to the destination.
3) Use a Credit Card while booking- There is a huge benefit to booking airline tickets with a credit card; even when one can pay off the whole amount in a debit card or cash. Reputed airlines booking like, emirates airlines booking through credit card has many perks of benefits. Firstly, one can earn credit points, air miles that can be added to your next ticket reducing your ticket cost. Secondly, many banks provide insurance for any kind of loss during and regarding the air-travel. Thirdly, in any case, if there is a cancellation, there is no fear of losing any percentage of money. Even if there is not a refund, the whole amount of money gets credited in your credit shell with which one can book flight tickets with the same airline at any destination. However, the destination choice might have a restriction to follow.
4) Prior Date Checking is very Important- This advice has a multi-fold reason behind it. Firstly, if the booking dates are not properly put as per your requirement, it is just simple wastage of money. Rescheduling can be done, but it comes with compensation. Secondly, before booking the dates, make sure you have done small research on the place of visit and its suitable season to visit. Too much crowd or too much harsh weather can ruin the trip like anything. Thirdly, peak seasons have a very high price hike due to excessive demand. If you want a travel plan to enjoy as well as save money, it is best to pick a quieter day than the crowd ones. Hence, the dates are important.
5) Check the Airlines first- When you are going to a destination, you can’t wait to touch down and run out of the airport to see the places. This excitement can face a big question when you do not choose a reputed airline such as emirates airlines booking. Jet lag can be a terrible thing that can ruin the whole trip. For a shorter journey, it still can be managed within the day. But for a longer journey, it can be a nightmare that can take few days to recover from. Hence, before booking your tickets with the airlines, you need to know about the experiences of the passengers of the airline for your safety and comfort.
Airlines have made traveling easier for the travel bugs and also for the ones who have to visit places for any other purpose. However, before going for booking, all the above things require to be noted and checked to have a safer and enjoyable journey.