What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are root shaped titanium screws, that are surgically placed into the jawbone below the gum line. They help form a root like an anchorage for the crowns or bridges that replace the missing teeth. They are connected to the crown above the bone through a connector known as the abutment. So, an abutment basically helps connect the crown to the root or the implant. Besides this, Aria Dental can be the best option for the best dental treatments.
How Much Do The Dental Implants Cost?
Cost of dental implants varies globally. It depends on the country where implants are being placed, implant manufacturing company and the clinician’s personal preference of how much he wants to charge for the services. In Asian countries like India dental implants cost around $300 to $450. In European countries, implants may cost around $1100 to$4000. In the USA an implant may cost around $2500 to $4000. Dental Implant Specialist San Diego are the expert in this filed
Benefits of Dental Implants
• Benefits over removable dentures: after the advent of the fixed prosthesis, removable dentures have almost become obsolete. Removable dentures are very cumbersome. They need to be removed and cleaned after every meal. They become loose after being worn for a few years. They are brittle and might break if they fall down while cleaning.
• Benefits over bridges: bridges require reduction of the teeth adjacent to the empty space. This means that the healthy teeth neighboring the gap created by missing teeth, have to lose their enamel. Why compromise the strength of healthy, natural teeth, when they can be replaced otherwise.
• Preserves surrounding bone: implants help retain surrounding bone and maintain its integrity. Just as a tree would hold surrounding soil to its root and prevent soil erosion, a tooth root holds onto the surrounding bone and prevents bone resorption. Implant behaves just like a natural tooth root, thus keeping bone and gums intact and healthy.
• Provides the opportunity of immediate replacement of a tooth: imagine losing a front tooth that shows empty space in front when you smile? Depressive, isn’t it? Implants are the only way in which a clinician can replace a tooth immediately after extraction on the same sitting. That too a fixed replacement. In case of a bridge or a denture, the patient needs to wait for at least 15 days to a month before the prosthesis is placed.
• Permanent replacement: bridges or dentures, none of them are permanent and may require a replacement in 5 to 10 years. Implants, on the other hand, can last a lifetime if maintained well by the patient.
• Implants are non-destructible: bridges are made up of metal or ceramic placed over natural teeth. The natural teeth are susceptible to decay. Thus, bridges may fail due to the destruction of the underlying teeth. Implants, on the other hand, are made up of titanium, which is a very hard and strong metal. Metal doesn’t undergo decay in the oral cavity, so it is an investment of a lifetime.
Who All Can Get an Implant Done?
Implants can be placed in almost everyone who requires tooth replacement. Diseases like diabetes, hypertension, thyroid disorders etc. are not contraindications for implant placement. Only in few diseases of bone and connective tissue of body like any bone degenerative diseases, implants might not be possible. Individuals of all ages, sex and body types may opt for implants. In short, one can conclude that implants are for everyone.