Everything looks even more attractive when it has a gorgeous outlook. We are busy people in the busy world. We want to be with our loved ones all the time but we cannot. For one reason or more, they might stay apart from each other. But, it is the occasions that bring us even closer. On different social and personal occasions, we greet each other and send gifts. Since they live far away, we take as much care as possible in handling the gifts. For this reason, the packaging is a very important art. It just does not make the gift look good from the outside; it reaches its destination safely as well.
For different types of gifts, there are varieties of packaging and their styles. Here is a list of the best packaging styles available for different gifts.
1) Paperboard Boxes:
The materials used for making a paperboard box are wood pulp. This is a completely recyclable material. The best part is one can give it any shape they want to. Hence, it is the most ideal way of sending boxed packaged goods. From fast food to entertainment equipment, one can reliably choose these boxes for packaging. They are also inexpensive. Coating paperboard with antistatic chemicals even makes them possible to carry electronic gadgets as well.
- Huge application scopes
- Recyclable with cent percent sustainable materials
- Easy to give any shape
- The best material for packaging
- Poor strength or rigidity.
- Vulnerable to moisture and dust.
2) Rigid Boxes:
A rigid box is comparatively thicker and more condensed than a paperboard box. They are four times thicker than the previous one. For expensive gadgets like watches and iPhones, these packaging boxes are the most preferable ones. It even adds more prestige to these premium things. Rigid boxes are fixed in shape and size, but they are customizable. One can print on them through lamination or AQ coating. They are even heavier as well as the most expensive form of packaging.
- Customizable in designing
- Durable and stronger
- Possible to package any size and shape
- Premium quality
- Too expensive packaging price
- Requires additional packaging
- Higher shipping cost for its incredible quality (non-collapsible)
3) Corrugated Box:
The more popular and known name of this packaging is Cardboard. For exporting retail products and cartons, most people prefer this packaging. Here, the packaging material has multiple layers and the corrugated paper is between the two layers. This paper provides strength and protection through insulation. They can have different shapes as per the size of the goods.
- Made with recyclable papers.
- Sustainable and inexpensive
- Easy to alter in forms and shapes
- No need for mechanical means of protection
- After antistatic coating, possible to send electronic gadgets as well
- Susceptible to moisture and humidity if not given proper finishing
- Does not look attractive
- Price goes higher with the layering of boards.
Because of its uncountable advantages, plastics have replaced the most traditional materials of packaging like glass and ceramics. Even though it is highly detrimental to the environment, its acceptance on the global scale is the highest. From food items to expensive gifts, plastic packaging is reliable for any boxed packaged goods.
- Higher durability
- Resistant to moisture and dirt
- With proper polymer use, it is recyclable as well
- Possible to give different shapes
- Customizable in size and designs
- Highly harmful to the environment
- Do not have a premium feel
- Risky for fragile contents
This is a kind of paperboard packaging only. Here, it is the reclaimed papers that by compressing and bonding with resin, make this packaging material. Since there can be layers, the packaging can range from lightweight to heavier as per the weight of the boxed packaged goods.
- Can carry both heavyweight and lightweight material
- Affordable and inexpensive
- Susceptible to containments like dust and moisture
- Too thin to carry heavier contents.
6) Cotton Bags:
One of the most natural and sustainable materials for packaging is cotton bags. The most pollution-free material used in the world is cotton. Apart from packaging, one can cotton is also popular for apparel storage. Also, it is very highly customizable.
- Customizable for designs and printing
- Provides a premium feel
- Limited use in packaging
- Not strong
- Susceptible to water
- Lesser protective
7) Foil Sealed Bags:
Boxed packaged goods that are smaller, like textiles, silicon chips, and apparel remain the best in quality in this type of packaging. It is the only type of packaging material that provides 100% protection from the external environment. These are very tender to touch but are rigid. When you need to send things with lesser space, this is the best type of packaging material.
- Highly protective from water and Ultraviolet rays
- Would be a perfect dunnage
- Condensed packaging
- Vacuum sealed
- Unsuitable for premium packing
- Vulnerable to dropping or crushing
- Not suitable for packaging fragile item
The packaging gives an attractive look from the outside. It makes the one at the receiving end curious about what is inside. Above are some of the best packaging ways for different specific materials.