Coimbatore is one of the foremost important tourism destinations in Tamil Nadu. From the colorful and colorful markets to the purring of its numerous looms, Coimbatore has an essence of balminess associated with it. An impeccable blend of tradition and thus the fashionable, this hill destination is certainly one of the foremost visited places in South India. The cool waters of the Noyyal River flowing through one of the fringes of the town, adds to its natural beauty. With the Nilgiri Mountains at its backdrop further enhancing its exquisiteness, needless to say that the town makes for an ideal tourism destination for a nature lover. From temples to churches, museums to sanctuaries, theme parks to scenic mountains-the places to travel to in Coimbatore will fill you up with an absolute sense of wonder. Whether you’re a solo traveler otherwise you are travelling with a bunch of friends, you will have an exciting time exploring temples or visiting natural attractions just like the Monkey Falls, the Kovai Kutralam Falls and thus the likes of.
BEST TIME TO TRAVEL TO
The best time to experience Coimbatore at its best however remains winter. The weather gets cooler and sometimes goes below 14̊ C, thus enabling travelers to enjoy to the fullest.
ATTRACTIONS IN COIMBATORE:
Marudamalai could also be a serious temple within the town of Coimbatore flocked by thousands of devotees round the year. This 12th century temple is dedicated to Lord Murugan and is taken under consideration together of the seventh houses of him. Like most other Murugan Temples, this shrine is additionally placed upon a hillock. Several festivals are celebrated round the year among whom; Thai Poosam is that the most typical.
Dedicated to Lord Shiva, the Arulmigu Patteeswarar Swamy Temple could also be a well-liked religious shrine. While Lord Shiva is that the most presiding deity here, the temple has other deities also like Goddess Parvati, Lord Muruga, Sun God Bhairav and even Moon God Anjanayar. The temple is actually considered a Nataraja Temple. Inbuilt the quality Dravidian kind of architecture, the temple is nearly 2000 years old.
The Dhyanalinga temple is one of the foremost popular religious shrines and dedicated completely to meditation and complete silence is maintained inside the temple premises. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, the temple was inbuilt 1999 by a personal named Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev, a yogi and a mystic. The statue of Adiyogi Shiva could also be a serious tourist attraction is Coimbatore. The statue has been recognized because the most important bust sculpture within the planet by the Guinness World Records. Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev designed the statue which is 24 feet tall and 147 feet long. It weighs around 500 tons. Barely a few of years’ old, could the statue also be an enormous tourist attraction in Coimbatore.
A part of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve, the Vellingiri Mountains are a site in Coimbatore that’s worth beholding. Often mentioned because the ‘Saptagiri’ or 7 Hills, the Vellingiri Mountains are known for his or her spiritual significance and sometimes viewed at par with Mount Kailash. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, the unique aspect of the Vellingiri temple happens to be that everyone the five lingams of Lord Shiva are housed together here within the temple which devotees can worship.
Mundhi Vinayagur Temple
Located in Puliakalam, the Mundhi Vinayagur Temple could also be a prominent Hindu shrine in Coimbatore. Dedicated to Lord Ganesha, the temple boasts of a statue of the Siddhidata which is probably the foremost important in Asia. The statue measures 20 feet by 20 feet tall and width and its cut out from one rock.
located roughly 65 kilometers away from city Centre; the falls is enveloped by intense green foliage and rocky cliffs. Gushing down from a substantial height, the gorgeous cascade may be a tremendous sight to behold.
Kovai Kutralam Falls
Located in Siruvani Hills, the Kovai Kutralam Falls could also be an exquisite tourist attraction in Coimbatore. The waterfall is found inside the deepest fragment of the impenetrable woodlands and offers and offers a stunning sight to behold.
Spread across an area of 391 square kilometers, the Parambikkulam Wildlife Sanctuary may be a tremendous place to travel to in Coimbatore. Nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts can have an exquisite time at the sanctuary. The sanctuary boasts of a rich biodiversity.
PLACES OF HISTORICAL
• A Hanuman installed by the seer Vyasaraja of the Vijayanagar Empire within the year 1511 present in Vyasaraj Mutt – on Range Gowde Street.
• Kottaimedu – Literally meaning “Fort mound” could also be a neighborhood in Coimbatore. This is often things of the previous Vijayanagar fort.
• Kottaimedu mosque – Built by Tipu Sultan.
• Podanur Junction – one of the first junctions in South India in 1862.
• Coimbatore Central Prison features a marble statue of VOC
and also preserves the Oil press he was yoked to.
• Delite Theatre (Variety Hall)
• PSG Sarvajanahigh school
• Plague Mariamman Temple – could also be a 150 year old
• Bulganin Thottam
• Government building could also be a heritage building in Coimbatore city, inbuilt 1882 in honor of Victoria, with stone and lime mortar. It’s now a neighborhood of the Coimbatore Corporation Administrative Buildings.
• Clock tower installed at building in 1877, in memory of A.T. Thiruvenkataswamy Mudaliar.
• Government Museum showcases many artifacts.
• Ancient Industrial Artifacts Museum is found off Nanjundapuram road. The Old and New Stone Age artifacts are also displayed.
• Gass Forest Museum established in 1902 by the conservator of forests, Horace Arichibald Gass. It houses embalmed specimens of rare species of butterflies, birds, and mammals.
• Insect Museum – First museum in India with collections from
1900 and neighborhood of the Agricultural University.
• G.D. Naidu Museum – it’s a group of varied scientific devices and gadgets. It is a group of inventions by Gopalswamy Doraiswamy Naidu, who is additionally referred because the Edison of India. One also cansee the history of industrialization in Coimbatore.
• Regional Science Center could even be a science park cover 6.71 acres (near the road resulting in CODISSIA Trade Fair Complex).
• Kasthuri Sreenivasan gallery & Textile museum – the power houses agallery, a Textile Museum, an auditorium and a library. It’s located on Avinashi road.
• Tamilnadu Police Museum – Showcases State Police history and collection of arms and other artifacts opened in 2018.
PLACES OF WORSHIP:
• Koniamman Temple
• Perur Pateeswarar Temple Naga Sai Mandir
• Marudamalai Murugan Temple
• Eachanari Vinayagar Temple
• 1300+ years old ancientVirundeeswarar Temple in Vadamadurai near Thudiyalur.
• Mundhi Vinayagar Temple – Asia’s largest Ganesh statue temple, is found at Puliyakulam.
• Ashtamsa Varadha Anjaneyar Temple
• Dharmalinga malai – Shiva temple
• Ranganathaswamy temple, Karamadai
• In Vysial Street, Sri Vimal Nath Jain Derasar which is the oldest Jain templeis located.
• Shankeshwar Parshvanath Bhagwan Jain temple is found at R. S. Puram.
• Munisuvrat Swetamber Jain Temple is found at Saibaba colony.Suparshwanath Jain temple is found on Range Gowdar Street.
• Kottaimedu mosque which is built by Tipu Sultan in 1776 and was renovated within the year 1901. The Malabar Rebellion (1921) freedom fighters are buried within the mosque premises.
• Athar Jamad Masjid – An expansive 10,000 sq.ft. Mosque (1904)
• St. Anthony’s church – Inbuilt 1859 by Fr.De Gelis, and later renovated in 1892. The church is found in Puliakulam.
• Bishop Claude-Marie Dépommierconsecrated St. Michael’s cathedral in 1867. The church was demolished in 2013 and rebuilt again at a price of 100 million rupees located on Big Bazaar Street.
• CSI All Souls church – consecrated in 1872 and built at a price of Rs. 20,000. The church is known for its intricate woodwork. It’s located on Race course road.
• CSI Christ Church – dedicated in 1910, the church follows the traditional Anglican order of service. The church is found on Trichy road.
• Black Thunder could even be a water funfair located in Mettupalayam, 40 km north of Coimbatore city. The park is cover 65 acres and offers over 49 rides.
• KovaiKondattam is a funfair located at Siruvanihighway,Kalampalyam.
• Maharaja funfair could also be a funfair with multiplex situated at Neelambur, Avinashi Road.
• Fun City Mall/ Fun Republic Mall (2012)
• Brook fields Mall (2009)
Coimbatore is that the simplest tourist spot where travels can visit and luxuriate in falls, theme parks, historical places, museums, shopping malls, temples etc., Coimbatore could also be an area where we’ll enjoy heart crammed with content, make beautiful memories and should keep our heart calm and peaceful.
Writer: S. ANITHA