The sense of belongingness, the smell, and the warmth are why I visit this place ever so often. As I open the door, Moon comes to greet me with her tail wagging at the speed of a racecar. I sneakily feed her a couple of treats kept on the counter.
“Morning Mrs. Rao!”
I race past the bestsellers and Pulitzer winners to the dark, dingy store’s back end.
Phew! I breathe out a sigh, thanking a higher power for not giving away my corner.
“Your corner?”, you ask. Well, yes, my corner. It is the nook by the bookshelf labeled ‘Psychology’. It consists of three large lavender-coloured pillows – two for me and one for Moon. I plop myself on the pillow and stroke Moon and she cuddles by my leg. I open my notepad and think about how I want to shape my creative prowess today.
I decided to observe my surroundings. I notice how the light enters the tiny hole created in the roof, how some people shudder in fear at Moon’s presence. I see how rattled Mrs. Rao gets when ‘foolish teenagers’ (keep in mind, her words – not mine) enter the store to merely click pictures for Instagram and do not appreciate the value of literature.
This place makes me feel at home. Actually, for that matter, any library or bookstore makes me feel at home, or to rephrase it, they bring me peace. Or is it just cause I am an avid reader? Ah well, who’s to say?
Mrs. Rao comes up to me, hands me a cup of her hot Cocoa, and sits beside Moon. “So, what have you been working on, youngling?”, she asks with an air of curiosity.
I place the notepad in front of her and see a smile form on her face as she reads the
“The sense of belongingness, the smell, the warmth is why I visit this place ever so often. As I open the door, Moon comes to greet me with her tail wagging at the speed of a racecar……”
By: Sanjana Pillai
Essay Title of the Month
- How to write an essay fast
- what is Essay Bot
- How to write good Review Essay
- How to write a 5 page essay
- How to write an interpretive essay
- How to write dialogue in an essay
- When revising an informative essay it is important to consider……….(what to be considered)
- Women empowerment essay
- How to get essay editing jobs and how lucrative it is?
- Essay vs Research paper
- The best way to grading an essay
- How to plan an essay writing/contest
- How to write marketing essay/ graphic essay/ technical essay/Opinion essay/informal essay/interpretive essay/photography essay/character essay (one paragraph each for these type of essay)
- Participants should write the essay in easy to understand language with deep research on a selected topic. The essay should be written in the participant’s own language with interesting facts.
- How to focus on writing an essay
- How to write creative writing essays
- What is essay proofreading service
- How to write a cover page for an essay
- What are the best font for essays
- How to start an essay agency and providing essay editing jobs